Friday, August 3, 2012

I love the dollar store

Reagan and Riley have a few really, really favorite activities right now.  They love playing with the magnets on the fridge. They LOVE playing dress up with their "jewels" (or all of my old jewelry that I can't believe I actually bought). They can play with the bracelets and necklaces for an hour. No kidding.  (so if you have any old costume jewelry you want to get rid of, please send it our way!!!). But for the most part, their attention spans don't really last much longer than a few minutes, so buying new toys right now is just pointless (or wasteful, depending on how you look at it). Today I took them to the dollar store and I got a pack of 12 really ugly bracelets for a dollar and some princess stickers and these two balloons. They thought these balloons were just about the funniest thing in the world. I tried to get it on video...here is a bit of it. They were at it for about 20 minutes until the balloons both came off of the sticks and now they're just sitting on the kitchen floor. Oh well, I figure we got our money's worth...and maybe tomorrow they'll think they're fun again?!?


No comments:

Post a Comment