Friday, August 10, 2012
HUGE sigh of relief
Reagan, Riley and I left on Thursday to go to Charleston for Riley's big 6 month checkup at MUSC. We stayed in Kiawah for the night with mom and dad and it was SO fun to be there right now. The PGA Championship is going on and it is amazing to see the island so busy and looking so fantastic. It's my favorite place on the planet and I'm so glad that everyone else is getting to see it on tv and see why we love it so much. Mom and Dad have been volunteering as marshals all week but took a break from that today to help me out. They were such a ridiculously huge help to me these past two days I can't even explain it. Matt had to stay behind for work, obviously, so dad (BopBop) watched Reagan while mom (Nana) went with me to MUSC for Riley's appointment. I have been a nervous wreck about today for the past few weeks. She has been doing so well and showing no signs of any problems at all...but I think for the rest of my life I'll always worry about what I can't see and anytime one of these big checkups comes up I think I'll lose sleep for awhile worrying about things I can't control! Well....we couldn't have gotten any better news than we did today. Her valve is showing very minimal signs of leakage at all. In fact, her cardiologist said he had to look hard to see it. That is exactly the news that we've been praying for. We also graduated and don't have to go back for another appointment for ONE WHOLE YEAR!!!!!!!!! Can you even believe it?! I can't. Matt and I are so happy that there almost aren't words to describe what a relief this is to us and how happy we are about how well she's doing. Riley was a total champ again, of course. She had an EEG, an EKG and had a few other things done as well. She definitely doesn't like having the leads put on her and could do without having to lie still during the EEG, but for the most part she was fantastic. All of her old nurse and doctor friends kept stopping by to see her...she was quite the popular little girl there today! I couldn't have done it today without mom and dad though so a HUGE, HUGE thank you to them and a BIG thank you to all of you who have been praying for little Squirt and for us too. We are so thankful!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
YAY Riley....what a relief!!
ReplyDeleteLove to all the I's. Was thinking of you while the golf was on! Wish we were there!!
XO
Yay! Such good news! How wonderful. God is so good!
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Mari