Can someone please tell this kid that she just had open heart surgery on Thursday? She doesn't seem to know.
You wouldn't believe the change in Riley today. If you didn't see her chest or the loads of meds that she has to take, you'd never even know she had any kind of surgery at all...let alone open heart. The doctors, surgeons and nurses are amazed at this little kid and so are we. We got discharged about an hour ago and she's sleeping in her swing. Yes. I said in her swing. At home. OUR HOME....she's HOME. Already. It's a miracle...amazing and the greatest day ever. Matt and I are a tad terrified that she's so fragile right now and they just turned us loose, but we have been living this now for a few days and know pretty much exactly what to do. I almost could be a nurse at this point. My parents took Reagan out to Kiawah until Wednesday to give Matt and I a chance to get settled here with just Riley (and to maybe, finally get some sleep?!?). We miss Reagan terribly already, but know that it's the best thing for everybody. We'll be back together again soon and she is going to be so excited to come home to her sister.
So...that's our scoop. We are so beyond thankful to the amazing surgeons and doctors and nurses at MUSC. They are our heroes and we love them all so much. I can't wait for Riley to go back and visit them and show them just how fabulous she's doing. (And we're going to be going A LOT....we already have an appointment on Thursday!). Thank you to the rest of you for all of your continued love and support. We are so relieved and happy it's indescribable. We never would have imagined last Thursday morning that we'd be holding her in our arms in our own home on Monday afternoon. Modern medicine is absolutely amazing. (God is too!).
Fantastic news! That Riley is one amazing kid :):):)
ReplyDeleteStacey we are praying for Riley and the rest of th Iofredo family. I has no idea until a couple of days ago. Sending you hugs and knowing that God is in control.
ReplyDelete