Friday, October 7, 2011

We're 6 months old





There is no way my little angels are 6 months old already. I can't believe it!!!!! Every single day is amazing with them. It's exhausting and stressful at times (okay...a lot of times) and especially with everything we've been dealing with lately it's been harder than usual....but I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. These girls have changed our lives in so many ways and like I've said so many times before....they make my heart so happy.
I can't even begin to describe all of the ways that they are growing and changing every day. Reagan is SO close to sitting on her own. It's going to be any day now...she'll do it for about 30 seconds until she realizes we're not helping her and then she'll just topple right over. She is happier than ever...laughs and smiles non-stop and makes her mommy and daddy (and everyone else that she's around) so happy. She continues to crack us up. Her newest discovery is her voice. She recently realized that she has one and LOVES to use it. She talks all the time and has just started SCREAMING. It's more like screeching...it's n0t fussing at all...she just thinks it's hilarious to scream bloody murder every once and awhile. It's funny. Sometimes. Sometimes Matt and I look at each other and wonder just how long this phase is going to last (and we're praying/counting on this being just a phase!). She is so strong and getting bigger every day. Her hair is growing really fast and is pretty blond now. She continues to just be so in love with her daddy. He can make her light up like no one else can and watching it makes me happier than anything. I can't say enough about how much I love this little girl. She is too much fun.
Riley's new favorite game is peekaboo...she puts things over her face all of the time now and as soon as we pull it off she laughs and smiles and then puts it right back on her face. She'll do it for hours. She rolls around so much and has recently started scooting everywhere on her hands and knees. If I put something that she wants a little ways away from her she'll scooch herself over to get it. It's not crawling...but she's getting there! Her hair is still not that visible...but it's getting there too. It's going to be blond too I think! She has the MOST beautiful blue eyes ever. She is going to break some hearts with those eyes someday I'm sure. She is a little love and still loves to cuddle (especially with mommy) and has started to play with Reagan when they're next to each other. She reaches out to grab her all the time. She LOVES apples (applesauce) but not so much any vegetable. She's just like her parents! She is just incredible and amazing and I can't imagine a life without her in it. I feel like she's always been with me. The surgery is coming quickly. October 20th will be here before we know it and we're very ready. We've had a few "scares" lately with her breathing etc...which they told us would happen. We're just so ready to have her fixed and back in our arms safe and sound and ready to grow big and strong!!! We're lucky enough to have our parents all here for the surgery which will mean so much to Matt and I and make us feel so much better. It's going to be tough but with all of the support and prayers we have from everyone it's so much easier.
They continue to amaze me. They are already teaching me to never (for even a single second) underestimate them. They are quickly getting a reputation for being “the happiest babies ever” as they dole out huge (I mean gigantic!!) smiles left and right and let out bellowing belly chuckles that make everyone else laugh too. They laugh all the time, at everything and the joy they spread around is so infectious.

Reagan and Riley...you two have changed the path of my life in the most wonderful way. Being your mother is the greatest thing I have ever known. To watch you grow and develop into two unique, individual little people is a daily gift. So often daddy and I will just stop what we are doing and say to one another “Aren’t they incredible? Can you believe WE made them?” I can’t imagine this awe ever wearing off.

I know I must sound like a broken record. And please, please don't get me wrong. We have our moments around here where Matt and I long for our old days back again where we actually had a social life (or really any life at all) and could do what we wanted to do when we wanted to do it. But those times are really pretty few and far between. These girls were by far the best thing to ever happen to both of us and we just hope that someday they'll look back at this blog and will be able to even sort of get a feel for just how much we love them! Happy half birthday beautiful girls!!!!!! I can't wait to see what the next 6 months have in store for the Iofredos!!!

1 comment:

  1. Your blog brings out the love of parents for their children in such a beautiful way. Sure wish I'd had parents like you two! Kay

    ReplyDelete