We spent the day before the surgery (all day!...8-5!!!) at the hospital for pre-op stuff. As usual, Riley was a total champ. She was super brave all day. She had echocardiograms, EKG, tons of bloodwork...you name it. Matt and I also met with so many doctors, nurses, surgeons that our heads were spinning by the end of the day. We were told what to expect during the surgery, how to handle certain things that might pop up and pretty much a bazillion other things...thank God for paperwork because I couldn't remember a thing. All I could do was focus on my sweet little girl. I'll be honest...I held it together pretty well for most of the day but towards the end (and especially when meeting with the surgeon) I kind of lost it. I think it just hit me what a big deal this is (that sounds stupid...I mean, I've known what a big deal it is...the "realness" of it just set in I guess). However....my little sweet pea had the entire nursing staff in love. Everyone kept coming to visit her...even people who weren't in charge of her or had nothing to do with her surgery. She flirted all day long and made her daddy and I so proud. (not because she flirts well...because she's just so amazing!). She entertained us all...Matt even took a video of a bit of it. You can hear all of the nurses laughing at her in the background!! About 5 or 6 of them pulled chairs up around her bed and she put on quite a show. I LOVE this video...it is SO her.
No comments:
Post a Comment