Sunday, June 9, 2013
Our little Picassos
Reagan and Riley have asked me almost every day for the past couple of weeks if they could paint. Reagan pretends to paint all of the time...she'll take a french fry and dip it in her ketchup and "paint" her plate, or if she spills water or juice or something, she'll "paint" the mess up with her finger. They painted a lot at their little school and I honestly think they miss it a lot! I've not been great about painting with them at the house...it's a lot of setup and clean up and I always seem to find an excuse why not to do it. I won't do that anymore after today. Matt got a painting drop cloth from the painting store and we let the girls use the finger paint that Aunt Laurie gave them at Christmas on their easel outside. They had the BEST time. Matt and I both agreed that we have NEVER seen Riley so into an activity that we've done here. She painted, and painted and painted and honestly didn't want to stop. She even painted her face and her hair on accident and wanted to just keep right on going. Reagan did not like the finger paint, which wasn't a surprise to me. She does NOT like to get dirty. Matt got some brushes for her and then she had a blast. Riley painted a monkey, a dinosaur, some fish and a shark (you can tell, right?!?) and Reagan painted a giraffe and a dinosaur. They were so happy and I will attempt to make this a more routine activity around here...thank GOD for the screened in porch (and the bathtub). Here are some pictures of the girls in action and a picture of them next to one of their finished products. The video was taken after Reagan finished her painting for the day...Riley was still going strong so Reagan wanted to help her! I love it when they talk to each other...it's happening a lot more these days and just makes me smile!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment