http://www.ibtimes.com/how-much-money-has-als-ice-bucket-challenge-made-1665848
So...these days you can't get on Facebook without seeing the entire thing filled up with different Ice Bucket Challenges. I've watched some really funny ones. George H.W. Bush's made me laugh and some of my friend's were hilarious. Cooper and Laurie did it and Laurie's bucket was HUGE!!! My favorite was Mitt Romney so far! Here's a link to that one too... (there is an ad at the beginning but you can just click SKIP AD).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUlFY3OhCQw
Anyway....the purpose is that once you've been nominated to complete the challenge you have 24 hours to do so and to nominate others to do the same. I think you're given the option of completing it or donating money...but so far most every single person I've talked to (including us) has chosen to do the challenge AND donate money. I think it's fabulous that awareness is being brought to this awful disease and am praying that some of the money used will be able to actually make a difference and that maybe by the time Reagan and Riley are my age, there will be a cure for ALS and they will have helped to play a (very small) role in that! Here is the video of our challenge. One of us is smarter than the rest.. Ha! Enjoy!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment