Monday, July 22, 2013

The most amazing trip!!!!!!!

We got back on Friday afternoon from Michigan. We had such an unbelievable trip that I'm having a hard time even starting this post because there is so much to talk about!!!! The girls did so well on both legs of the trip...we flew into Detroit and then had to drive four hours up north. They did so great and we were so proud of them! The entertained everyone on the plane ride there with their singing...it was pretty funny! We went straight to their Great Grandparent's house and the girls FINALLY got to meet Great Grandma!!!! It was bittersweet since Grandpa has now been moved to Grandvue and is no longer there. But....they had a blast with Great Grandma and especially loved jumping off of her front steps again and again and again! (see video!). After we left Great Grandma, we went to the condo we were staying at to meet up with everyone else! The girls got to meet Uncle Bruce and Aunt Mary Jo for the first time ever and got to see Uncle Jim and Aunt Irma again! They also got to meet all of my cousins (except for Erin who is living in London!)....Andy, Kristi, Amanda, and Matt! (and their significant others too....Jayme, Noah and Stephanie!). Even more special was that Amanda and Matt had their kids there too....Colton, Caroline and Julia. The girls had so much fun playing with them all week!  They loved playing in the canoe at Gram's house too...Bruce told me it's over 30 years old! It was so great having so much family around all week and the girls were just entertained nonstop.  I can't say enough about how much fun we all had!
We did so many great things while we were there...we stayed in Boyne City right on Lake Charlevoix. It was so beautiful! The girls loved swimming in the lake and loved playing with Jim and Irma's dog, Scout! One night as we were putting the girls down to bed, Scout came down with us and Reagan put her arms around her and said "This is our family!" It was the sweetest thing ever...and ALMOST has me wanting to get the girls a dog again. Almost. Not quite. If I could guarantee the dog would be as great as Scout I'd do it!  We found a great playground in Boyne City and were there every morning by 8am! The girls loved watching the boats in the lake and we even made it to the Boyne City Farmer's Market! Of course we had to get them lemonade...they love it so much, and some Michigan cherries too! It was their first time having cherries and they loved them! The girls had about 2 boxes worth of popsicles on our trip. We picked the one week of the year where it was about 99 degrees every day...it's NEVER like that up there. It was so, so hot! But the girls didn't mind a bit as long as they had their popsicles (and we had to stop for Kilwin's ice cream a few times too, but that was more for Mommy and Daddy!).
One of the most special parts of the trip was a party for Great Grandma to celebrate her 90th birthday!!! They were able to bring Great Grandpa over so the girls were able to meet him too! It was so, so, so special and I'm so thankful we were there for it. My Great Aunt Shirley came too as did some of Grandma's friends! I'm not sure that Reagan and Riley will remember this trip, but I will remember it for the rest of my life and we have all of these great pictures and videos to show them of all of the fun that they had! There are a bunch of them here...two videos and a bunch of pictures.  At the end is a little compilation video that I put together with music. I was just playing around with a new app on my iphone. It's only 25 seconds and includes most of the pictures that I put on here already, but it's still kind of neat....All in all, it was just the best trip ever and I hope that we can get back up there next summer with the whole family again!!!!












No comments:

Post a Comment