Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Our first movie!!!

It has been a nasty week here in Jacksonville! It's rained almost every day (and I don't mean a sprinkle...more like a monsoon) and so I've had a tough time coming up with ways to entertain the girls! So, we found out that some of the movie theaters here in the summer host kid's movie days and they show movies for $1 (in the real theater!) and you can get a snack with popcorn, fruit snacks and and a drink for $5. What a deal! I figured that it would be the perfect time to test out a movie in a theater since it only cost me $3 total to get in (yes...I bought the popcorn too!...so I guess it was $8, but that's still WAY better than a normal movie!).  We went with the girl's best buds... Joshua (Joshy) and his mom Kay, and the twins, Addison and Emma and their mom Robin. None of the kids had ever been to a movie before so we weren't quite sure what we were in store for!
Reagan and Riley were SO excited all the way there. They couldn't stop talking about it. They kept telling me how we had to make sure and sit on our bottoms and only use our inside voices. Ha! (If only they would have followed their own advice once we actually got into the movie!). The movie was called ICE AGE and it was really cute. We made it for almost 45 minutes total (15 minutes were previews) and then Riley just couldn't take sitting in the seat anymore, so we had to leave. As soon as we got out to the lobby and she realized we were leaving though, she burst into tears and wanted to go back in. At least she'll know for next time what happens if she starts dancing in the aisles!
All in all, I count it a success! We got out of the house, tried something new and had fun! (and I now know that Reagan loves popcorn...A LOT!). We'll definitely try it again sometime soon (but next time I'm bringing Matt!!!!!).




No comments:

Post a Comment