Yesterday I took the girls to the beach for the afternoon. We played in the sand, went for a walk on the beach and hunted for shells. It was so much fun! The weather has been absolutely perfect the past few days...I think spring is finally here! Matt met us after work and I had packed his suit, so we took the girls swimming. It was amazing. They just squealed and laughed the entire time. They LOVE to swim!!!! They start their swimming lessons on the 23rd and I can't wait. I hope it makes them love the water even more than they already do.
Then, today I had a milestone of my own....I took the girls to swim all by myself for the first time! I know that it doesn't sound like such a big deal to most, but it was huge for me. Granted, it was only to the baby pool but with two toddlers that don't know how to swim yet, I was pretty nervous. Not to mention that it takes us about 45 minutes just to get READY to go...with the sunscreen and getting everything organized. But...we did it, it was awesome and the girls had a BLAST. I can't really say that it was relaxing in the least bit for me...but just to know that I can do it on my own was HUGE. I was pretty proud of myself to be honest...and just so glad that I can take R and R to do something that they love so much without having to wait for some help! As long as they don't realize that the BIG GIRL pool is just a few steps away....because then I'm in trouble.
(pictures of them in their new swimsuits from Joshy that he gave them for their birthday!!)
Come on! Too cute! I love you and them but am SOOOOOO flipping jealous!!!
ReplyDelete