Thursday, September 27, 2012

A special Happy Birthday

The girls and I traveled to Hilton Head on Tuesday to celebrate my Grandpa (the girl's GG)! He had a big (not too big) birthday and it was so fun to be able to be there with everyone! Gramp said it was the 39th anniversary of his 50th birthday. I like that description!!! He is the youngest 89 year old I know! My parents and Aunt Conni and Uncle Ron were there too, which made it even more fun! We all went out to lunch at Palmetto Bluff. I think it might be one of the most beautiful places I've ever been in my entire life. If you've never heard of it...look it up online. It's just unbelievable. I've been talking about it so much since we got home that I think we'll have to take another day trip there sometime soon so that Matt can see it! The girls were well behaved and loved that they could run around on the grass. There was a precious little chapel to explore and Aunt Conni and I even took the girls on the swings. Uncle Ron brought the girls some balls to play with which have been a HUGE hit. He also brought them their very first Whoopee Cushion which is only fitting. It's been a Zellar tradition for as long as I can remember. Not sure if we should be proud of that or not. I'm thinking not....but it's still funny every time. Great Grandma got the girls some books too which they haven't put down since we got home. I think they're getting the wrong idea though...we went there for Gramp's birthday and they were the ones to get all of the presents!
It was a fantastic day and we feel so blessed to live close enough that we could be there to celebrate my wonderful Grandpa! We love you!!


No comments:

Post a Comment