Sunday, September 9, 2012

A Happy Birthday and A Happy Anniversary

Yesterday was Matt's birthday! The girls and I had so much fun trying to spoil him and show him just how thankful we are for him and all that he does for us every day. We had a great weekend! Last year, the girls and Madison made a special birthday card for him and the pictures were fabulous. I sure missed Maddie girl this year! I needed her help! I attempted to take pics of the girls holding "Happy Birthday Daddy" signs. That quickly became an attempt at just a regular picture, which then became an attempt to just capture them blowing daddy a kiss.  None of these pictures turned out like I'd imagined, but I sure did laugh a lot attempting to get them. You should see the ones I didn't put on here (all 200 of them).  Matt had a wonderful birthday and we just hope that this year is one of his best yet!!!! He's feeling a little older today (he played his first tennis match today and won...but I'm not so sure getting out of bed is going to be easy tomorrow morning!) but we love him so much!!! Happy Birthday, Daddy!


*****As a side note...*****
One year ago today, September 9th, 2011,  we received the news that rocked our world completely about our sweet little Riley girl and her congenital heart defect.  Her surgery didn't take place until October, but if you've followed this blog for awhile you will probably be as shocked as I am that it's been one whole year from our diagnosis day already. I will never forget that day as long as I live (I will probably remember every second of it). It wasn't something I ever expected to go through and wouldn't wish on anyone.  I could never have imagined one year ago today that she would be doing as well as she is. She is such a miracle and truly amazes us every single day. She is running around the house, laughs non stop, loves to read and play and loves her "sissy" more than anything else in the world.  She loves school, loves to be outside and gives the best hugs in the world. Thank you GOD for Riley, for her doctors, for our family and friends and all of their support, for all of our prayers answered and for blessing us with our two sweet girls. We are so thankful!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment