Thursday, May 19, 2011

6 week update






We have had such an amazing visit with my Aunt Conni and Uncle Ron. Matt has been up in New Jersey since Tuesday for the LPGA tournament and they came all the way here to help me out and to help me to take care of the girls. There is no way I could ever, ever thank them enough for all that they have done for me (and the girls) while they have been here. Con has even gotten up with me in the middle of the night to help me feed the girls. It has been such a great visit and I am going to be so sad to see them go...but since we're moving to Charleston in about a month we'll be so much closer to them and we are thrilled about that.
Conni went with me to the pediatrician yesterday for the girls 6 week checkup! Can you believe it's been 6 weeks already?! The visit was fantastic...except for the fact that they got their 2 month shots! Ouch! Each girl got 3 shots in their thighs...they were the ultimate champs (they screamed so hard that you couldn't even hear a sound) and of course I had tears in my eyes just watching the whole thing. I wish I could have taken the shots for them! The girls recovered right away (the baby Tylenol helped too!!!) and bathtime helped to put them to sleep last night.
As far as their weight goes.....
HOLY MOLY! Reagan is up to 9 pounds 14 ounces! She's in the 50th percentile for her weight now and at 22 3/4 inches she's in the 95th percentile for her height. (Matt is sure she's getting her height advantage from him! Ha!) She loves to eat and is doing such a great job getting big and strong. She's still eating every 3 hours during the day and is able to go a bit longer at night. The doctor told us to expect that we could have them both sleeping 5-6 hours a night by 4 months. Matt and I can't wait for that to happen!
Riley is still our little peanut! She's growing every day and has reached 6 pounds 12 ounces! I would love to tell you what percentile she is on the charts....but she hasn't made them yet! She's 20 1/4 inches tall (but I think she looks longer than Reagan even...must be because she's so skinny). The doctors continue to tell us that she's doing just fine and since she's growing and tracking close to the chart we should be happy. Since Conni and Ron have been here Conni has helped her to start eating a lot more with each feeding...it just takes a LOT longer than Reagan. Patience is key when feeding Riley and Conni has the patience of a saint so that helps. Hopefully some of it will rub off on me while she's here.
All in all everything is going so well...we're getting lots of smiles from the girls and they are just about as sweet and cuddly as you could ever imagine.

1 comment:

  1. Great news from the Doctor! I can't believe you are moving in a month! I need to meet your angels (and you "officially") before you leave!!

    ReplyDelete