Saturday, April 30, 2011

What a difference a day makes



Yesterday was my first real challenge day...and by challenge I mean that at one point both girls were screaming bloody murder and I was crying right along with them. We've been pretty lucky up until now but for some reason yesterday they both decided to show me what they're capable of at the same time. It was interesting to say the least! It didn't get any better when Matt got home from work! Matt and I woke up this morning with smiles knowing that we survived yesterday! I'm sure there will be many more days like that to contend with in the future but I'm fine if they hold off on showing us that side of them (at least at the same time!) again anytime soon!
TODAY however, was an amazing day!!!! We got out and about and ran some errands with the girls and got a lot accomplished around the house too. Matt and I were laughing at how much our lives have changed in such a short period of time. We were excited because we made it to Babies R Us AND the Chick Fil A drive thru today!!! Ha! Not quite the Saturdays we've had in the past but we'll take it!
Grandma Susan came over to watch the girls with Matt this afternoon and I got to run out and do some shopping on my own! I never realized how relaxing it is to drive in a quiet car alone. I was so relaxed when I got home! We're grilling out (the Big Green Egg is back after it's winter hibernation!) and we just got back from a family walk around the block.
It's so nice to have a day like today after a tough one yesterday. It makes me realize that while these early months are going to be super hard, there will be days like today where we smile and laugh and where being together as a family makes all of those rough times worth it. And April is officially over tomorrow and we're praying for more of the sunshine that we saw today...it makes everything better!

No comments:

Post a Comment