
Today was another cloudy day here in Cleveland (surprise, surprise!) and the forecast called for severe storms. I am LOVING every single second with the girls, but I have to be honest...the thought of another day stuck inside was about to make me have a mini-meltdown. April showers may bring May flowers but this is getting ridiculous! So...I decided to venture out with my little ladies. It took me almost an hour just to get ready to go and getting them in the car, packing the diaper bag etc, etc...I was exhausted before I even left the house! But the girls and I got going and our first official trip without any help was a HUGE success and I had a lot of fun! I felt like a normal person again! We went to Beachwood Mall and I walked around and around and around for almost an hour! The girls slept like champs the whole time. I may, or may not have gone in a couple of stores too...but mostly it was good exercise and I saw other grown ups and had a few grown up conversations so I was thrilled! We got back home and I could tell it was about to storm, so the girls and I grabbed Madison and took her on ANOTHER walk around the neighborhood. Now all 4 of us (Maddie included) are wiped out! The girls are napping once again, Maddie is snoring on her favorite chair and I'm just thinking about how lucky I am and what a fabulous day this has been! I'd much rather have Matt with us on any outing we take...but it's empowering to know that I CAN do it myself (even if it takes me a LONG time to get anywhere!)
It still takes me forever to pack the diaper bag and get everyone ready and in the car. I'm so glad you started a blog about the girls. When you move down here, I'll have to show you my blog book that I had printed - totally priceless to me! Enjoy that mall and it's okay if you become a mall walker because your sanity is much more important than your "cool" factor.
ReplyDeleteI absolutely LOVE that you did this!!! I started a blog a few years ago, but couldn't keep up. I love your pictures and you seriously looked GREAT preggo with the girls -- ALL belly! I can't wait to watch them grow and hopefully one day I'll get to see you all in person! :) Hope all is well and I'll talk to you soon! xoxo
ReplyDelete