Saturday, October 25, 2014

Amazing Grace Corn Maze and Pumpkin Patch

I found out about a month ago about an amazing corn maze/pumpkin patch/fall festival type thing that I couldn't wait to take the girls to! There really aren't a ton of things around here that give you a real sense of what fall IS...it's still 80 and sunny here, our trees are still green and you could go swimming if you wanted to. The mornings and evenings are starting to get chilly and the girls were thrilled that I let them wear vests to school the other day (it was SO hot when I picked them up that their vests were stuffed into their bookbags!). This particular place is an hour away and Matt and I both agree that as long as they are doing it, we will make it an annual thing. It was definitely worth the drive. There was SO much to do and it was way out in the country and there were actually some different color leaves to see! We heard that it gets really crowded so we were the first people there. No. Really. The first people there. The girls took their first hayride, had rubber duck races, went on a cow train and got to pet animals. They each picked out some little baby pumpkins and we let them paint them when they got home. (Then they just wanted to paint on the yard bags!)! They had a blast. It was such a perfect fall day. We all had so much fun and it finally felt a little bit like fall! Can't wait to go back next year!!! The girls are SO excited that Friday is Halloween! Big week ahead....






No comments:

Post a Comment