Saturday, October 20, 2012

Happy Heart Anniversary, Sweet Riley

Well...today marks exactly one year from Riley's big surgery. I honestly can't believe it's been a whole year. SO much has happened and our lives have changed so much...all for the better. Matt and I have been talking about October 20, 2011 a lot lately. We can remember almost every minute of that day (and the one before). It was so absolutely terrifying and I pray that we never, ever have to experience another day like it again. We had no idea what to expect from the surgery, and what Riley would be like afterwards or how long it would take to recover.
She continues to blow us all away with her strength, her infectious giggle and most importantly, her amazing spirit. She is my hero and is the bravest little girl I know. I can't wait to tell her someday about all that she went through, and all that she's accomplished to get to where she is today. She is our little miracle and we are so thankful for her (and for her sweet "sissy") every single minute of every single day.
We're doing a lot of celebrating around here today...we went to the Riverside Farmer's Market this morning with our friends and the girls had a blast. They tried lemonade for the first time and as you can see from the video...it was a huge hit. (NO, she didn't drink the whole thing!!!) This afternoon we'll play outside a lot because I don't think I've ever seen a more perfect day. It's beautiful and cool and there is no humidity. It's fabulous!

I'm putting a picture on here from one year ago today and contrasting it with the video from the Farmer's Market...just to show you how far she's come. (and YES, that's another bruise on her forehead...the kid is just too fast for her own good!!!).


                                                          

And here is a picture from later in the day with both of my sweethearts! (Yes, we got more lemonade...she's addicted!). We had a fantastic day celebrating all of our many blessings!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment