Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Reagan's 10 week update


We had our 10 week check up today and little Miss Reagan is doing so well! She is now 11 pounds 4 ounces and 22 3/4 inches long! She is one of the happiest babies I've ever been around (in the morning) and from the time she wakes up until the early afternoon she is hilarious. She laughs, she smiles and she wants to play and move non-stop. She does take mini-naps and our new swing is her favorite place to be. I actually had to call my mom the other day to ask her to tell me honestly how many hours a day I spent in the swing when I was little. She said... A LOT. And I'm just fine (I think!), so we're not going to worry about it too much. With twins you just have to do what works and she loves it and it gives me some time to either deal with Riley or do laundry or wash bottles or whatever else has to get done. I LOVE the swing! The afternoons and evenings tend to be her fussy time (right about the time Matt gets home from work...poor Daddy!) but it still doesn't seem to be as awful as we've heard it could be from some of our friends.
Reagan is an absolute joy. She has the most beautiful eyes I've ever seen and her eyelashes are ridiculously long. I'm so jealous. She'll never need mascara! She looks at us and you can tell that she's loving you....it is amazing. Her hair is still dark but everyone agrees that it's starting to thin out. You can see baby hair coming underneath and it looks really blond....it will be interesting to see if she keeps her hair or if it changes.
She's still having a tough time with acid reflux but the doctor put her on a new medicine today and we're still on her special formula...so we're hoping that this works. If not, they told us to start adding some rice cereal to her formula. She's sleeping about 4 1/2 hours at night and one night she actually slept for 6! Matt and I were too worried about why she was sleeping so much to actually enjoy it and sleep ourselves!!! We won't make that mistake again (if only she'd repeat it for us!). I continue to just be in awe that she's mine...I can't wait to see what she does tomorrow. Every day it's something new!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment