Thursday, June 2, 2011

Last day of school and G and G visit






Matt is out of town again and so my parents came to stay with us and visit the girls! We've had so much fun already. They are amazed at how much they've changed in just 6 weeks since they were here last. They are being a HUGE help to me and we're enjoying this amazing Cleveland weather (with no humidity!) by being outside a lot. Riley is really loving her cuddle time with Grandpa!
Today my mom went with me and we took the girls to my classroom at Hathaway Brown to visit with my class and to say goodbye. They got presents from the faculty (my friend Lisa gave them their first set of pearls!!!!...so adorable) and I even got the gift of babysitting from 2 of the teachers! I will be sure to take them up on that offer before we move! Reagan and Riley were a HUGE hit and while Reagan slept the entire time we were there, Riley was wide awake and the girls in my class are convinced that she was smiling and waving at them. She did seem to be showing off a bit! They got all dressed up to go to visit but then I never got them out of their stroller! I realize just how much I miss teaching (or at least teaching THIS class of girls...they were the best) but being home with these two is getting better and better every day.
The girls are really starting to enjoy things more. Reagan loves lying on the activity mat and staring at herself in the mirror and smiling and Riley will stare out of the window all day long if we let her. They are smiling so much more and I've even been able to make them smile by acting like a total idiot. They aren't embarrassed of me yet so I'll keep acting crazy for them if they'll smile at me. It's worth it!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! How the girls have grown and how alert they are -- Hope they're not that way when you're trying to get some sleep at night!! You must be a special teacher, Stacey, 'cause the girls in your class really care about you. G & G are so blessed to have the Iofredo family heading their way soon. Wish we were like a pro sports team so we could offer you a huge bonus to stay in Cleveland! Kay

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. What fashion plates they've become already!! Where did you ever find those teeny dresses is such a fashion print?? Love it! Kay

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so bummed that I wasn't able to see you all while you were at school. Maybe I could see them (and you) this summer before you leave? CL

    ReplyDelete