On the Wednesday after the girl's birthday they were invited to celebrate their birthday at Chapel at school! We were so lucky to have Nana Mimi drive down to come with us. It was really cute. They got to go up to the front of the church in front of the entire school and sing songs, help light the Advent candles and blow them out and talk in the microphone about what they did on their birthday. They also got a book for their birthday (that they can bring home but then bring back to school to donate to the school library). Reagan was pretending for awhile like she wasn't going to go up...yeah right. She was shy at first but by the end was dancing on the stage like she owned the place. Riley was so excited to go up and talked about it non-stop for days beforehand. When the big moment came she was NOT going anywhere unless I went up there with her. So...I did. It was super cute and they get to do it every year on their birthdays. I'm assuming next year they'll be more comfortable with it and I won't have to be up there with them! When Chapel was over (they go to Chapel every single Wednesday at school...I love that they do that), they went back to their classroom and shared a birthday treat with their friends (cookies that we brought in). Next year we'll plan it for when Matt isn't out of town so that he can come too!!
No comments:
Post a Comment