They arrived 2 days ago, but they forgot to deliver the mattresses, so the boxes have been in our dining room until this afternoon. The men came right as I got home from picking the girls up from school so they got to see them being set up and as soon as the men left, I put the sheets on and the girls were just squealing with excitement. They took their naps in them this afternoon and I'm serious when I tell you this...they took a 2 hour nap which hasn't happened in probably a year. Maybe longer. I think I went in to check on them about 7 times (feel like I'm revisiting the newborn times again!) just because I couldn't believe that they were STILL sleeping in the beds and I was sure they were suffocating in the sheets or something else. (yes, I'm crazy).
I was in tears last night as Matt and I got into bed thinking that it was their last night in cribs. How did this happen so fast!!!!????!!! I remember the switch from the little Fisher Price rockers (that we had in our bedroom for their first 5 weeks) to their cribs...I remember it like it was just yesterday! And now here we are and my babies are sleeping in big girl beds already. Sigh. Everyone always says to enjoy every moment when they're little because it just goes by so fast...and I'll be honest, I really haven't felt that way until recently. And now there are little things hitting me every day. BUT...what amazing little ladies we have. We are so blessed. I'm not expecting a very good night sleep tonight. I'm anticipating that I'll be up to check on them a lot...and I'm sure, based on the way they've surprised me every time before, that they'll be perfectly fine and I'll just walk into their rooms and watch them sleeping. Only this time, I'll be able to bend down and kiss them on their little heads, as I haven't been able to reach down when they're in their cribs. So...I guess, this change isn't all bad. Bittersweet might be a better word. I'll keep you posted on how they do. (Update...it's now 8:22 and they're still quiet!)! (also...I still have a little work to do on their rooms, but wanted you to see the new beds on the very first day they're here!!) And the girls wanted to read books, sing Twinkle Twinkle and say prayers together tonight in Riley's bed and have requested that tomorrow night they cuddle in Reagan's bed to do the same. Love the new routine!!!!
Riley's new big girl bed (you can't see but her big pink pillow says RILEY)
Reagan's new big girl bed (Her big blue pillow says Reagan in hot pink!)
Reagan getting ready for bed tonight (notice how many pillows I have stuffed on the floor in case she falls out!!)!
Riley pretending to be asleep for my picture. (Again...note the pillows on the ground to cushion the blow, just in case!)!
The new nighttime routine...same routine, different location. Makes my heart happy! (not my knees).
*********** Morning after update************Girls slept so well...not a peep and stayed in their beds all night long! They even called for us to come and get them in the morning instead of hopping down and coming in to see us in our room (we'll see how long it takes for them to realize that they can do that.)! YAY!
No comments:
Post a Comment