Wednesday, April 25, 2012

BIG NEWS

Most of you know how hard I pushed to move back here to Charleston from Cleveland. I harassed Matt about it for years until I figure I just wore him down and he got sick of me asking! Being back here in Charleston has been amazing. One of my best friends left me a message today that said it perfectly..."we were ordained to be here in Charleston to find out about little Riley and then to have her all fixed up here".  She is so right.  Everything happens for a reason and we truly believe that our move here was destined to happen to help save Riley's life.  (Dr. Quinn, Dr. Bradley and the entire nursing/dr. staff at MUSC are still in our nightly prayers!!!!) It's also been super fun, and wonderful to be so close to my family and great to be back close to old friends.
However....the Iofredo's are moving on.  Matt has been offered a job with the PGA Tour as their Director of Retail Licensing.  It's a dream job for him and we couldn't be more excited about this next adventure and all that is in store for our family! We'll be headed to Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida! Woohoo...I still get to wake up to palm trees and sunshine and will NOT have to deal with any snow! While I have yet to ever even set foot in Ponte Vedra, from what I can gather so far...it's going to be perfect for us. Matt's office is going to be located right at TPC Sawgrass (I included a pic of the 17th green just for fun!) and we'll have lots of visitors I'm sure! We'll be only 2 hours from Disney too...
The plans are still in motion but things are happening at warp speed.  Matt starts Tuesday. Like, in less than a week. (picture me having a total stress freak out...only sort of kidding!) The girls and I will stay here for at least a couple of weeks (The Players Championship starts May 10th so he kind of needs to be there for that since it's going to be at his OFFICE!!!) I figure I'll watch it on tv so that I can see where I'll be living! And as of now, the plan is to rent a furnished place for a while so that we can house hunt, all be together and learn our way around down there, and have our house sell up here in Charleston without 2 babies and a dog to worry about during showings!
So...I'm going to try and still be good about postings the next couple of weeks, but you'll understand if I fall behind. 
Oh....and if you know of anyone looking for a great place on Daniel Island....give them my number!!!

1 comment:

  1. OMG!!! Congratulations to Matt and the family and best wishes to all of you for a swift and painless move! I know the girls will adjust beautifully! Like you said, NC saved Riley's life, now time to move onto Florida to enjoy and live it! SO exciting!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete