
The girls visited Santa for the very first time today! It was one of the funniest afternoons that Matt and I have had in a VERY long time. We waited for close to two hours to finally meet the Big Guy. The girls were amazing the whole time in line. We had them dressed super cute and everyone in line was entertained by them and kept saying how good and happy they were. And they were so right...until they sat on Santa's lap. I'm not actually sure if Reagan even made it to his lap before she started screaming. Everyone was in hysterics. Riley just sat and stared at Reagan and then at Santa. No screaming, no crying (but definitely no smiles either). The photographers kept snapping away attempting to get a picture (and I thought I was annoying when I try and get the girls to smile for a picture...these people were ridiculous!!!!). Riley eventually caught on from watching her sister that crying seemed to be what was supposed to be happening, so she joined in. It was so funny. We gave up, picked the girls up, and they were completely fine in about 2 seconds. Santa looked like the REAL Santa...no joke. (except that he smelled like he'd just had about a carton of cigarettes...maybe that's why the girls were crying?!?! Santa doesn't smoke, does he?!).
Anyway...great memory for Matt and I and a great picture to someday show the girls of their first visit with Santa. He even gave the girls these sweet charms of his sleigh. I'm putting them in their baby books along with the 55 pictures of them crying with Santa that we had to buy. Ha!
that is effing hilarious! Love it!
ReplyDeleteThis is one of the funniest things I have ever seen!!!
ReplyDelete