


My sweet little girls are 7 months old today and I honestly can't believe time is going so fast. So much has happened in the past 7 months...and SO much has happened in the last month that I don't even know where to start!
Reagan continues to get bigger every day and with that comes more and more milestones. She's sitting up all by herself and showing signs of crawling already! (GOD...please, not yet. I'm NOT ready for that yet!). She is just the happiest, funniest baby in the world and keeps us smiling all day long. She has even started to crack Riley up which is hilarious. She has graduated from some of the things that she loved so much (her swing, the activity mat...) and now just loves the bouncer and some even bigger toys that make tons and tons of annoying music all day long (thanks Aunt Lola for sharing them!!!!!). She has started noticing Madison a lot lately and we have to be more careful now because she's wanting to "pet" Maddie all of the time. Maddie pretty much keeps to herself so we're not too worried about it....but once the girls are more mobile we'll have to be on our toes! She says "Dada...dada...dada..." all day long. I am convinced she even knows what she's saying. My attempt at having Mama be the girl's first word was a big failure. Oh well! She has the sweetest little voice and it's got a little bit of a raspy sound to it which is adorable. She is just amazing and sweet and cuddly and fun and I love her more than ever which I didn't think was possible. I can't wait to see what she does next!
Riley continues to astound us with her recovery. It has blown us all away how fast it has been and how well she's done. She is back to her old self during the day and is playing on the mats and in her bouncer and smiling like crazy. If you didn't see the scar you would never know that just a few weeks ago she was in the ICU after open heart surgery. It's amazing. She LOVES playing with Reagan. They are really starting to have fun together and I love watching it. She's talking SO much more than she ever did before. Nothing that sounds like "mama" just yet...but I'm listening closely!!!! She's gotten her new helmet (boo) and has to wear it 23 hours a day. I still think her head looks perfect...but the doctors said that after a few months in the helmet they'll agree with me. Just like everything else she does she's a total champ with it and doesn't complain at all. She's eating so well...before the surgery it would take me 45 minutes to an hour to get about 3 ounces in her. Now she's having 5 ounces in about 25 minutes. It is the BEST to not dread feeding time! We've gone to feedings every 4 hours now and solid foods 3 times a day! The girl's seem to have the same "favorite" food...they both LOVE pears! They now sit in their high chairs (thanks Molly and Walt!!!) and have even attempted sippy cups with water. It's crazy to me every time I add something new like that...it just means that my little girls are getting big! I'm so happy that THEY are so happy and healthy and doing so well, but I can't believe that 7 months have gone by already. Everyone told me it'd be fast...they weren't kidding. Best 7 months of our lives so far though, so we can't wait to see what's next!
What a treat to see the photos and the video! of the girls and hear how well they're doing, especially Riley! Happy 7 months!!
ReplyDeleteCarole