Sunday, August 7, 2011

We miss them already






Our very best friends, Molly and Walt, came to visit us on Friday with their son little Walt! I've been looking forward to their visit since I said goodbye to them in Cleveland. It was the best weekend and they left this morning...I miss Molly so much already (and the Walt's too of course). I can't wait to see them again.
BUT...we had the BEST time. We had fun Friday night just hanging out at the house with the kids. Little Walt is getting so big and is so much fun. He made us laugh the whole weekend! He did make Matt and I a little nervous about how in the world we're going to handle our two when they're his age. A 13 month old is VERY active!!!!!!!! Saturday we went out for breakfast and then headed into downtown Charleston. We went to the aquarium which was so cool. We didn't make it to every exhibit but we saw some really neat things and even if the kids didn't get much out of it, the grown ups really liked it! After that we went downtown and walked down King Street and headed into a restaurant/bar to cool off for a bit. It was perfect. The kids were great and the grownups got to catch up, have some grown up drinks and Molly and I even went shopping (well, we only made it to 1 store and didn't buy anything....but it was still nice!). We had plans of taking little Walt swimming once we got back home, but it started to rain. We went out to dinner instead back on Daniel Island.
All in all, it was just an amazing weekend with friends. We are so blessed to have them in our lives and love them so much...thank you Molly and Walt for coming to see us and PLEASE come back soon!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment