Saturday, July 23, 2011

A visit from Aunt Lola and cousin Cooper (Grandma Mimi too)







Laurie and Cooper came to visit us in Cleveland when the girls were about a week old. As amazing as that was, I'll be honest...I hardly even remember it. I was so out of it and so exhausted and trying to figure out how in the world to be a mom that the whole visit was a blur. My biggest regret was that I didn't take ONE picture the whole time they were there! I was so bummed when I realized that...of course, I hadn't started the blog yet, but still. Unforgivable! SO.....I am going to be making up for it for a long time as evidenced in the pictures from their first visit to us in our new place in South Carolina!!!! We took a ton! They came over this morning and it was awesome. First of all...Coop is growing up so fast! He is such a cute kid and I love him so much!!! He's at the best age. Everything is new and exciting and he's happy all the time. I'm so excited that we'll be able to see more of them now that we live closer! Laurie said it took about 4 1/2 hours to get to our house from Atlanta. Not bad at all!!!! They will be out in Kiawah all week so we'll be seeing a lot more of them this week.
Cooper was so good with the girls! He kept saying "baby....baby....baby" and pointing at them. He pointed to their eyes, ears, toes, fingers and even found Reagan's belly button for her! So cute. It's a little hard to get a good picture of all of the kids together, so I'm putting some on here so you can at least get a feel for the visit. We'll try and take some more later this week. We're all going to be together again on Wednesday when the girls get to meet their Great Grandparents for the first time!!!!!!! We're so excited!! So we'll be sure to have pictures on here from that special day. They got to meet their Great Grandma Adele before we left Cleveland so all that will be left is to meet their Great Grandparents in Michigan! We're so blessed that the girls have their Great Grandparents in their lives!!!!
It's approximately 150 degrees here today so we're not going to be doing too much but crossing our fingers that it cools off soon! We're heading to church for the first time tomorrow and can't wait. The girls are going to go to the nursery so cross your fingers for us on that one! They said they'll give us a beeper and it will beep if they get out of control. I'm going to say an extra prayer during that church service that that beeper stays silent!

No comments:

Post a Comment